Ripping Unicode at ChiPy
Last night at the June 2006 ChiPy meeting I gave a presentation on how I wrote a few small Python scripts to take apart the Unicode PDF of all its glyphs and recombine them into giant ascii-art-like posters.
I know a few folks are dropping by looking for the source I promised to post. It’ll be up later tonight or tomorrow morning -- I had to recreate one of my scripts from scratch and I’d like to make sure I did it right so I don’t post broken code. And as all of you at the presentation understand, running any of these scripts takes a few hours. So it’ll be up Real Soon Now.
Thanks again to Fawad Halim for loaning me the use of his laptop for my presentation.
Of course it took a little longer than I expected, but it’s up now.