Email now or jump to contact form
I (Peter Bhat Harkins) have been a professional web developer since 2000, consulting on dozens of projects since 2011.
- Built the data pipeline to shrink a growing ten-person manual process into one person’s morning task as the company found product-market fit and started scaling.
- Consumed web APIs in every format and level of quality imaginable (or just scraped sites) to produce dozens of web apps for the Washington Post.
- Automated a weekly, multi-hour manual deployment process into a fully automatic, multi-second processes.
- Saved a startup 20% of payroll by identifying and automating a manual process – unrelated to the bugs I was hired to fix.
- Reduced package handling costs 50% at TrunkClub, an online clothes retailer that has a return for almost every sales event.
- Designed and led a six-week training program for a dozen junior developers joining a large financial institution teaching them how to debug and develop effectively, code collaboratively, and focus on business value.
- Wrote and implemented automated lifecycle emails to re-engage customers, grow usage, minimize churn adding up to doubling lifetime value (LTV).
- Reduced codebase by 110 thousand lines of code while improving reliability from 98% to somewhere north of 99.9%.
How I Work
First, email me to say hello and describe your project a bit — the form below makes this a two minute job.
If your project is a good fit for my skills and schedule, we’ll schedule a time to have a video chat in more detail.
Then I’ll send a document outlining our shared understanding of the project’s goals and timelines.
It may offer several plans for you to choose your solution from.
If needed, we can revise the details and schedule so until they’re just right.
If you want to move forward with a plan, you’ll make a deposit via ACH.
I cannot schedule unfunded work.
Last and most importantly, I’ll do what it takes to make your business succeed and thrive.